About Google Adsense
- It is owned by Google.
- It generates a large part of Google’s income.
- Adsense ads are shown in the websites that participate in the Google Adsense program (these are called the Adsense Publishers).
- Adsense is a platform for publishers i.e. those people that have a website and want to show Google Ads. The system for advertisers i.e those who want to advertise their products or services in Google, is Google Adwords.
- Adsense ads can be shown on mobile devices as well.
- Adsense works with EPC (earnings per click) and CPC (cost per click). Publishers will get paid for clicks on ads appearing in their websites.
- Adsense publishers receive 68% of the click cost and Google 32%. This means that if an advertiser pays $1 for each click on his ads, the adsense publisher will get $0.68 and Google $0.32
- Anybody (above 18) with a website that meets the Google Adsense guidelines can participate in the program.
- Adsense has strict rules that should not be violated for any reason. It is your responsibility as an adsense publisher to know and follow the rules.
- Adsense has a number of products suited for desktop websites, videos, games, mobile apps and more.
- Adsense ads can have a number of formats and sizes including text and images.
- Adsense publishers get paid monthly by Google on Every 21st of month.
How much money can you make with Adsense?
This is a very common question, in summary how much money you will make from adsense depends on:
- The amount of traffic your website receives
- The type of traffic
- The number of advertisers in your niche
- The type of content you have on your website
- The position of your adsense ads